ICT in Education – Free Training for Teachers designed by TCD
by Michael Tighe
Posted on 7th September 2018 at 4:56 pm
This module is free to teachers to assist in the effective use of ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
The syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
Download the ICT in Education Module Syllabus (PDF)
What will I learn?
- Understand the key concepts and benefits of using ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
- Outline considerations for planning an ICT-enhanced lesson.
- Understand safety, security and well-being considerations when using ICT in education.
- Outline ICT resources that can be used to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Understand how to source and evaluate ICT resources to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Outline key features of classroom technologies.
- Use key features of a learning platform.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Certifies the key concepts relating to the use of ICT in the classroom.
- Supports educators who wish to start effectively using ICT in their professional practice.
- Developed with input from subject matter experts in the areas of teaching practice and IT user skills.
How was this module developed?
This module has been developed with input from ECDL / ICDL National Operators, as well as European Schoolnet. In addition, a pilot of the module was undertaken in conjunction with Trinity College Dublin to validate the programme with a group of teachers.
How do I get Started?
To find out more about this module mail us at email@example.com